Employment & Skills Development
This 5-week program will provide you with a toolbox of knowledge, skills and aid memories to assist you in any future Workplace Instructor role you may undertake.
Furthermore, you’ll be supported by a competency-based approach to training, which will be presented via a combination of interactive lectures, case studies, on-job training simulation activities, problem-solving demonstrations and practice.
To provide participants with instructional techniques and tools to manage and motivate a trainee’s performance using a competency framework, positive reinforcement and continuous assessment for effective diagnosis of skill deficiencies and application of skill enhancement strategies in a timely manner.
The course will apply a competency-based approach to training and be presented via a combination of interactive lectures, case studies, on-job training simulation activities, problem-solving demonstrations and practice. Learners will take away a toolbox of knowledge, skills and aid memories to assist them in any future Workplace Instructor role they may undertake.
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Apply learning principles and strategies to optimise learning
- Formal processes of Workplace instructions, including related documents
- Recognise and integrate remedial actions that motivate and progress instruction outcomes
- Apply a range of instructional techniques and tools to enhance the success of the learner
- Monitoring and supporting the learning process
- Effectively brief and debrief the instruction
- Apply on-job assessment and reporting processes
- Identify learner skill deficiencies and apply skill enhancement strategies
- Manage learner on-job performance
- Open to feedback to improve instructions
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through weekly class-wide forums and graded small group discussions
- Enjoy a wide range of interactive content, including video lectures, infographics, live polls, and more
- Investigate rich, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to journals and ongoing project submissions, culminating in a review of how transformational technologies could fit into a business of your choice
Each module is released weekly, allowing a flexible but structured approach to learning. You’ll be supported as you engage in individual activities and group discussions, ensuring you feel confident to submit your best work at each weekly deadline.